candle care + safety
Candles are magical and glorious, but safety has to come first. Here are some candle care + safety tips to help you get the most out of your candle while staying safe. A lot of these are obvious, but as your safety is our top priority we want to make sure you have all the information you need to fully enjoy every second with your candle.
How to care for your hope + frenchie candle:
- Burn until the surface is fully melted (2-4 hours)
- Don’t burn for more than 4 hours at a time
- Carefully trim your wick to 5mm before lighting your candle. If your wick becomes too long the flame will flicker which causes sooting. You can use a candle wick trimmer or scissors. Keep your wick centered.
- Burn your candle on a level surface and keep away from flammable objects
- Keep your candle free of dust and other debris. Once your candle has completely cooled you can use your printed candle care guide to cover your candle
- Don’t touch candle when hot and be sure to protect your surfaces from the hot container
- Place your candle out of reach of children + pets. Gigi loves candles, but she's not allowed to touch them!
- Store your candle in a cool, dry place
- When 5mm left, stop burning + refill
For more information on how to refill your hope + frenchie candle check out our handy candle refill guide.